Job #27237: Senior Functional Designer – HRIS
This role is responsible for the production of detailed functional design for solution components, whether based on a packaged solution or on custom development. This involves working with clients to understand and flesh out business requirements to ensure they are complete and do not imply a solution, and with individual project subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure they fully understand the business requirements that impact their application areas and ensures the solution for a given application area integrate seamlessly with the overall end-to-end solution. This includes defining and executing plans for testing and deployment of their solution components and acting as the overall owner of the conceptual solution and typically presents the solution to the client stakeholders. This role may apply in either a development environment or a core support environment, depending on assignment.
Summary of tasks:
• Contribute to the solution architecture by identifying the degree of re-use of existing and/or pre-packaged application functions versus the need for the development of new and/or customized functions.
• Provide work estimates
• Translate the solution architecture and detailed business requirements into a functional design.
• Ensure that the functional design meets all business requirements.
• Guide the application designers, developers and/or configurators through the proposed functional design. Address any potential design development issues with them.
• Produce test cases/scenarios and prepare test data to test all functionality identified in the functional design.
• Conduct functional and integration testing and log results. Determine appropriate resolution/solution through root-cause analysis and impact analysis
• Define the plans for deployment, cutover and implementation. Ensure that all functions have been promoted successfully to production environment.
• Define the stabilization and knowledge transfer plans. Ensure that the transfer has been successful to the support teams.
• Apply, and ensure compliance with, all appropriate Client’s I&T standards (eg. Security, Architecture, Project Delivery Methodology, etc.)
.Net and Access technology must have
SAP nice to have
bilingual – English / French
capable of working on many applications, end to end role to design a solution, write specifications, unit and integrated testing,
ONLY CANADIAN CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS LIVING IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED.