08 Jul 2019
Job title: Applications Analyst – Legacy Back office
Location: Burlington, Ontario
The Application Analyst plays a critical role in delivering high quality customer service and support to clients.
- understand and document the operational tasks, procedures and responsibilities related to the support of the back office systems and related applications.
- general support of related applications, report creation, user account management, data and process monitoring along with other day-to-day system and support activities.
- Monitoring and resolution of issues with daily system automated processes and data feeds
- Security group configuration, user management and new store setups
- Data flow monitoring and follow-up to ensure accurateness
- Involved in the management and maintenance of the back office application and databases
- Perform Incident Management and Request Fulfillment tasks based on assigned tickets
- Write, review and update documentation for operational applications including application integrations, support processes, user guides, how to’s, etc.
- Support the Business Analyst through software configuration and/or application support; understands business requirements and is involved in the recommending, developing and implementing the appropriate technical solution
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application functionality, escalate more complex issues to Business Analyst
- Adhere to Change Management policies and procedures
- Possible involvement in testing of point of sale to back office integration scenarios
- Configure user and application settings
- Computer Science, equivalent technical certification or business degree
- 3 to 5 years’ experience related to application support.
- Skill in promptly detecting, analyzing and resolving computer software, sometimes with little time or data.
- Provide support to client groups during routine scheduled business hours
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- MS Office / Excel skills
- Experience with MS SQL
- Experience with Crystal Reports
- Experience with Oracle databases, MySQL
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008 (VB.Net,ASP.Net)