The Business Analyst will play a hands-on role working with our client to gather business requirement, workshop facilitation, business analysis, capture business and functional requirements and prepare gap and business impact analyses. In addition, the Business Analyst will be required to develop functional specifications, work with developers and other members of a dynamic team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Gather and document requirements, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user request from the underlying true needs.
• Good understanding and working knowledge of data governance and privacy legislation: PIPEDA, PHIPA, GDPR, HIPAA
• Professionally communicate and collaborate with client and project team to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding on how to interpret business needs and translate them into products and operational requirements.
• Develop requirements specifications according to BRD standard templates.
• Collaborate with IT team members and other subject matter experts to establish the solution vision and analyze trade-offs between usability, cost and efficiencies gained.
• Actively participate in the QA process as needed, including use cases.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT/ computer Science or relevant work experience.
• 5 years of experience in Business/ System / Data Analysis and Quality Assurance with 2 years in an Agile environment.
• Strong knowledge of SDLC.
• Proven experience in eliciting requirements.
• Proven experience in preparing BRD
• Strong analytic abilities and knowledge of analysis techniques and processes.
• Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Demonstrated workshop facilitation experience.
• Result oriented with a record of success in meeting deadlines.