1. Mandate Description
You will be assigned to new product development teams, working in an Agile (SAFE) development environment with a Lean Product Design team, building code to validate product market fit for Product Design team and then helping build products with multiple releases per day.
A fast-paced development environment involving prototyping and rapidly pivoting when experimentation pushes the product in a specific direction; an Agile software development methodology; modern development tools (including DevOps).
2. Key competencies include:
- Extensive experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience using one or more of the full-stack development frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Spring, etc.)
- Initially, work with the Functional Designer and Lead Engineer to build mock-ups and working prototypes to support Design thinking product development. Provide input to the Product Teams and leveraging existing building blocks wherever possible.
- Contribute to planning Sprints by helping break down Stories into Tasks/Activities.
- Design, code, unit test and integrate new features and functionality during current Sprints in accordance with Acceptance Criteria defined by the Product Owner and team.
- Mitigate technical uncertainty and risk
- Assist in the development of automated test harnesses as necessary to ensure delivery of high quality code
- Apply disciplined coding practices to enable agility and delivery of high quality code
- Update progress daily through the tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board.Assist the Lead Engineer and the Product Owner to refine and prioritize the Product Backlog including providing initial estimates.
- A university degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Experience building resilient, scalable services
- Experience with development on a leading cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCE…)
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A demonstrated track record in working in an Agile development environment
- Team player
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong communicative skills
- Adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes
- Can operate under tight deadlines