Permanent Position – Toronto, downtown – within walking distance from Union Station.
1. Mandate Description:
- Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties; determine and document problems experienced;
- Maintain and patch computer hardware, software and operating systems that support the current PCI compliancy model;
- Administer, configure, install and maintain systems’ hardware and software applications;
- Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions; collect, organize and maintain a Problems & Solutions log for use by technical support analysts;
- Determine trend analysis; emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered by users;
- Provide recommendations and training, business systems support in response to identified difficulties.
- Conduct backup, recovery and disaster recovery;
- Schedule service work and maintenance as required; assist in overseeing work, ensuring meeting of established standards;
- On-call duties and other tasks related to systems within position scope, in support of 24x7x365 operations;
- Provide regular management reports and recommendations regarding issues & problems and capacity planning for systems within scope of responsibility.
- Completion of college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration;
- Certification or training provided by software vendors, as relevant.
- 5 years relevant industry experience;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Windows Enterprise Servers 2008 and 2016 (Standard and Datacenter);
- VMWare, ESXi and Resource Management;
- Exchange Enterprise Server and SQL Enterprise Server.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required;
- Willingness to provide on-call systems support;
- Knowledge of Security Standards for PCI;
- Ability to follow work flow plans and policies as described in company process documentation;
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work independently and manage time to support multiple high-priority objectives simultaneously;
- Strong written and oral skills.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the setup and operational maintenance of VMWare and SQL servers as well as providing technical support.
The Systems Analyst is responsible for handling primarily L2 – L3 technical issues. Successful candidates will need to be highly proficient in Windows/Unix/Linux servers administration. Experience with Office 365 and Azure would be a major asset.
4. Level of Education:
5. Job-Related Experience:
6. Other Requirements: