RFS – Ministry of Health
Role title: Database Administrator – Level 3
Anticipated start date: May 6, 2019
Anticipated end date: March 31, 2020
The DBA will be required to provide installation, administration, fine-tuning and support for SAP Business Objects, Cognos BI, Informatica PowerCentre, Oracle Goldengate, HPE Shadowbase and Oracle Active data guard.
The Database Administrator will:
• Create physical database designs;
• Operate and administer the database management system (DBMS) including database monitoring, optimization, performance tuning, backup and recovery;
• Provide specialized technical expertise in database administration, data warehouse design, data modeling, Extraction, Transformation & Load (ETL), information management, BI solution design, development and maintenance;
• Provide Database (Oracle technologies & products) expertise for troubleshooting, problem resolution and performance tuning of the production solutions in operation;
• Develop and maintain data design models, database schemas and scripts, technical documentation and specifications;
• Provide professional opinions and recommendations for technical issues, management, briefings, etc., and provide expertise, offer solutions and lead implementation of approved recommendations;
• Produce data and database management project plans. Develop and obtain approval for detailed plans and resource estimates;
• Assist in change initiatives in planning for data / database design, database setup, migration, optimization and tuning, capacity planning, data conversion and other development and implementation- related activities.