SUMMARY OF THE MANDATE:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Transport & IP Standardization, the consultant will be responsible for standardizing equipment / software and services for backbone, distribution, access, management / monitoring and interconnection with a third party. He/she will also have project management / technical coordination responsibilities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES ACCORDING TO 4 CRITERIA:
• Produce analyzes and clearly highlight the differentiating elements in order to simplify and influence decision-making.
• Produce and present various technological recommendations.
• Produce investment requests and manage the projects to be carried out.
• Act as a technical expert within the group and ensure the quality of standardization.
• Have extensive IP expertise to explore various solutions and work closely with engineers / technicians in various sectors.
• Collaborate within the RFI / RFP / RFQ framework to select a new product.
• Ensure the life cycle (analyze, develop, standardize and evolve) of all IP / MPLS services (L2VPN, L3VPN, Internet, mobile services, etc.) and networks (IP / MPLS, surveillance, network backbone, ” Backhaul, “interconnections, etc.).
• Participate in the development of the architecture and validate the technical feasibility.
• Analyze and implement strategies and test plans on IP technologies.
• Perform laboratory tests to validate new products, solutions and software.
• Establish standards and configuration procedures (protocols, parameters, best practices, etc.).
• Write the necessary documentation for the good delivery of the projects.
• Train engineers / technicians on new technologies / standardized services and provide support during the initial implementation.
• Have an engineering degree in computer science or telecommunications;
• Have a minimum of (5) years of relevant experience;
• Cisco certification required or equivalent (CCNP / CCIE an asset);
• Experience with routers and switches used in IP networks;
• In-depth knowledge of dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, etc.) and IPv4 and IPv6 protocols;
• Knowledge of 3G / 4G / 5G technologies (HSPA, LTE, IMS, SIP) is an asset;
• Knowledge of SDN, NFV, orchestrators and associated programming languages is an asset;
• Bilingualism (French, English) and excellent writing and synthesizing skills;
• Ability to work in a team and coordinate complex interdepartmental activities.
• Strong analytical and initiative skills in problem solving;
• Available to work occasionally at night to provide technical assistance;