Job #29810: Telecom Architect-Intermediate
Remote : no
Start date: ASAP
End date: March, 31th, 2019
Responsible for the design, implementation and support of all Telecommunications services for Client across Canada. This includes all corporate data and telephony service as well as communications specific to the operation of the railway such as UHF/VHF Radio, SONET, TDM and low speed data.
Summary of tasks:
• Evaluate new telecommunications technologies for use at Client to address business requirements;
• Plan for the evolution of the Client’s Telecommunications infrastructure to anticipate and meet Client’s needs as a company and as a railway;
• Create and manage Proofs of Concept and Pilot projects to validate the effectiveness of introduced technology at Client;
• Steer the incorporation of telecommunications technology into mainstream operations;
• Identify and address needs and shortcomings that are impeding the progress of the company and of the department.
• 5-7 years
MPLS, Cisco, Alcatel, Nokia, Juniper;
Participation in Telecom Projects solutions; deliverables:
Telecom Pattern and Standards